Tuesday, March 25, 2008

a slightly demented view of easter

NOTE: I AM NOT THE AUTHOR OF THIS BLOG....THE ORIGINAL POST CAN BE FOUND AT http://emergingashlie.vox.com/library/post/a-slightly-demented-view-of-easter.html


by xAshliex

In honor of Easter, I'd like to bring out 2 guests: Jesus Christ and The Easter Bunny!

me: hi there, mr. bunny and my Savior!
Jesus: hello, my child.
bunny: *wrinkles nose*
me: right...so, lets start this interview!
Jesus: ask my child, and it will be given to you..knock, and it will be opened.
me:sweet! so Jesus, what is the real meaning of easter?
Jesus: Well, one day, two of my fathers creations messed up. now, i'm not naming names *COUGHADAMANDEVECOUGH* but, this really messed up things in the universe. So, I came to this Earth to get humans back in connection with God. Tragically, it meant I had to die....*Jesus looks forlorn*
me: Dude, that sucks.
bunny: I like chocolate.
Jesus: NO! It gets better!! *Jesus gets all excited*
me: WHAT? HOW?!! You died! What more is there?
Jesus: I raised from the dead.
me: Now..why would you go and do that?
Jesus: Because, my death takes away your sins, but ultimately, my raising frees you from them. I loved you, and all of creation enough to come back to you. To prove that my spirit and love will never leave you. By coming back, I have made it clear you are to do the same thing to everyone else. You must die to your pride, and come back and serve them. Free them and free your guilt.
me: wow..thats heavy.
Jesus: not really, it's pretty simple. humans just like to complicate this stuff.
me: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! YOU'RE THE MESSIAH. OF COURSE IT'S EASY FOR YOU!
Jesus: Okay, now there is no reason for you to get testy with me young lady. I was the one who was a poor carpenter in the middle of the desert in 100 degree weather, remember? Oh, and I was born in a trough. Have you ever been crucified? No, I think not. I mean, really...can a Savior get a holla?
bunny: HOLLA!
me: okay, seriously bunny...why are you even here?
bunny: listen, someone said to show up here for some free carrots. you got free carrots?
me: yeah, they're in the fridge..but hurry. my readers have ADHD and I need to make a point, hopefully.
*bunny scampers off*
Jesus: see, my child? it really is just about loving others and loving God. you guys get all hung up on buzzwords, and whether you got to be a Calvinist or not, just...absolutely mindless stuff. I don't care that you talk about it, but do you need to argue about it?
me: you got a point there. I mean, those God Hates Fags' people make me want to shoot my brains out.
Jesus: Christ. Seriously, that's totally not my fault.
me: The Inquisition?
Jesus: Actually, that was Gabriel. We tried to tell him no, that it was a prank that would go wrong, but he wouldn't listen.
me: Angelina Jolie?
Jesus: THAT was my fault.

In essence, we need to look at the egg. A symbol for new life, it gives us hope for a new transformation. It lets us believe that we can rise above our past mistakes, and the errors of our past generations. It makes it possible to live for tomorrow. We have the choice to live for others, should we accept it. Not out of insecurity, but confidently in Christ's love. This Easter, while we eat dinner, lets pick up a new attitude. Lets reframe our existence. When we hold each others hands during grace, lets hold each others hearts. Make this season an opprotunity not only to accept the bulimic, but love the homosexual, care for the homeless, help the murderer and shelter the abused.

What matters is not the sacreligiousness, or the dogma, but how controversially one must speak in order to drive people to thoughtful reaction.

How will you react to the controversy Christ shows us through the egg?


something to think about....